Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tiger Stripe Soap Challenge

It's been quite a while since I last posted and I'm really sorry, it wasn't because I didn't want to, it's because Blogger just wouldn't let me, no matter what I tried it just wouldn't allow me to upload any photos, has anyone else had this problem?  Anyhow, I thought I'd give it one last try and hoo ray! it's finally working again.

It's come out a great time, because Amy from Great Cakes Soapworks is having another of her wonderful soap challenges and I just couldn't resist joining all the other lovely soapers this year.   The 1st challenge Amy has set for us is the Tiger Stripe technique, I haven't tried this particular one before, it's a little like the funnel or column technique, just slightly different, it's a really great technique to try.



I decided to use May Chang and Frankincense essential oils for this soap, I love pink and orange together so I thought I'd use these colours.  I was a bit worried it would turn out, it seemed to take forever to start to trace and I got a bit impatient waiting and poured earlier than I normally would, so I'm quite happy and very relieved with the result.  Thank you Amy for doing your challenge for another year:)

16 comments:

  1. Lovely fresh colors and I love May Chang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting to see your soap, Jan!
    Beautiful, as all your soaps, love the colors, so warm and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Natalia, I'm so glad you like it:) I haven't used May Chang as a main oil before, but it does smell really nice Kirppu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely color combination and the fragrance blend sounds very intriguing! Your stripes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink and orange stripes, great color combo! Bet it smells yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, Jan! I love pink & orange together too! Even better with the white in-between to set it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Perfection! Really love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your orange and pink stripes. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Jan! I love those colors together, too. And the scent combo sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Pam, the fragrance smells mainly of the May Chang, the Frankincense just takes the edge off a bit.
    Yep I agree Shari, I love that colour combo too, so glad you like the stripes, I was a bit worried about them turning out.
    Thanks so much Amy:) that was my thinking too:) I was hoping the white in between would make the colours stand out a bit more.
    Thank you Kim, so glad you like the colors:) I think your soap is the perfect one:D.
    Thank you Cris:) pink and orange just seem perfect together.
    Jenny, thank you so much:) the scent is more citrus than frankincense, I think it could have done with a bit more of the frank, oh well, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so girly,romantic soap! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Diva Soap, so glad you like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Those turned out great. And I love your Soap Stamp! Good job! I'm not participating this time around as I'm preparing for Farmer's Markets, but I'm getting a kick out of looking at everyone's creations - they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Lindsey:) yes I was really happy with how my stamp turned out too, good luck with your markets, maybe you can join the challenge next time round:) I agree, there sure are some talented soapmakers around, all the best, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. G. O. R. G. E. O. U. S. ! #117

    ReplyDelete